Newcastle has a host of events this Christmas, and we’d hate for you to miss out! That’s why we’ve chosen our favourites and listed them below.
- Alnwick Gardens
A must-see venue this Christmas time has to be Alnwick Gardens.
Attractions at the garden are set to be a hit – quite literally – with families before and throughout the festive season.
A new Winter Bumpers ice activity, open from November 16th until January 5th, and it features inflatable land boats you can ride! Who wouldn’t want to do that? Tickets start from just £3 for seven minutes!
- Newcastle’s Christmas Markets
The next winter attraction is Newcastle’s Christmas Markets, and this year it’s bigger than ever!
The Christmas market will not only be based at Grey’s Monument, but also extended to Blackett Street and Northumberland Street, with the yuletide takeover starting on Saturday 16th November 2019.
Embrace the festive feels with a cosy wander around Newcastle’s Christmas Market – your senses will be overwhelmed with the smell of food and drink from around the world, as well as finding gifts for loved ones (and some for you too!).
There will be more festive fun in store than ever for visitors in the city centre, with exciting new attractions including:
- A thrilling 30m toboggan slide where riders can whizz down Blackett Street in tubes.
- A beautiful, traditional carousel.
- A novel Helter Skelter bar, allowing parents to relax with a mulled wine, spiced cider or luxury hot chocolate.
- Soak up the atmosphere in the brand new cosy ski lodge-themed bar, Après Ski, which will be serving drinks throughout the festive period.
- Offerings from local traders and retailers.
- A whole host of entertainment across the Christmas period, ranging from Christmas songs in the daytime, to electric violins, musicians and artists in the evenings and weekends.
- Santa’s Rooftop Cinema
Another family favourite for this year has to be Santa’s Rooftop Cinema at Fenwick’s Newcastle.
Let imaginations run wild and discover a rooftop filled with scrumptious surprises in a brand new immersive festive experience, from Saturday 2nd November through to Christmas Eve. In this magical winter wonderland, you’ll be escorted by an elf to Santa’s elevator, so you can embark on a magical journey to meet Santa in his gingerbread cabin! You get to see sugar coated elf mobiles, a secret passage where you can see all the Gangsta Wrappers decorating festive biscuits and so much more!
Newcastle really does have Christmas wrapped up in a pretty little bow for everyone to enjoy – don’t miss out!